Sunday 14 February 2010

Life, but differently.

Is it wrong to want the world to descend into chaos,
So that everyone would feel the same?
Everyone living on the same social level,
Only a select few rising on to fame.
Not necessarily feeling the same that I do,
It would probably be better than what I've felt.
Though it too would have it's moments of joy,
So what would world would you choose, I pray, tell?
Such moments of longing for the lost souls today,
What purpose would they now have if this came to pass.
Currently they do nothing, locked away in their homes,
Keeping alive on a bare glimmer of hope from the past.
Diagnosed with depression, a pill for the pain,
Little rays of sunshine, each for a price, a toll.
The toll, you ask, is taken from them by the Lotophagi,
Until, at long last, their is nothing left of their soul.
The puppetmasters rule the world now, with clever cunning,
Manipulating our heartstrings with adept skill.
They show us our minds desires to rope us in,
In truth we have only the illusion of free will.
I guess I don't want chaos, only the world to change,
So that we are not stuck feeling the pain of greed.
Where money is everything, no matter what they say,
And in order to continue living you must surely bleed.
I experienced true happiness as an ignorant child,
Should I not wish to live in the past, do you not agree?
That is what I want, though, because that's when I felt alive,
A time of blue skies and sunshine, where I lived life, but differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment