Wednesday 3 February 2010

Mellomanesta Dream

I arrive a little early, were headed out tonight,
For a little picnic on Mellomanesta Hill,
Your getting ready still, music playing in the background,
I walk out back and smell the summer air,
It's so invigorating, your husky Shelly comes to greet me.
Good little girl, I pet her head. I turn around and walk back inside. Your down the hall in your room, I yell in a sarcastic tone, hey we're gonna be late for our own funerals at this pace. Shutup you, I'll be ready soon enough. You smile and glare. I chuckle. I walk back outside and get in the car. You come out a few minutes later. Melissa by the Allman brothers is playing on the radio. It's our tune. I put the top down and we leave. We take the road around the quarry, it glows pink and orange as the sun gets closer and closer to setting. Your hair is whipping in the wind. I take a turn towards Mellomanesta, the sun shines in your face, you wrinkle your nose. You look cute when you do that, I can't help but turn and smile, you see me and smile too. We wind our way up to the top of the hill.
The sun is about a half an hour away from setting when we reach the top. I go to the back of the car, and grab the blankets and the basket. You take the blankets from me and spread them out on the side of the hill facing the sunset. I turn the accessory key on the car and let the radio play. We sit and open up the basket, I take out the food, and the bottle of wine and and glasses. Neil Young's Heart of Gold starts playing on the radio. The gold of the sun is shining on the hill and the tree's silhouette the horizon. We eat our little sandwiches and drink our wine. All the while I tell you jokes and make you laugh. We talk about our childhoods and laugh at our embarrassing moments. We lay back against the hill and I wrap my arm around you and we watch as the day settles into night, the moon shines bright. The fireflies dance all around us. I lean over and kiss you on the cheek and then the neck and finally your lips. You lean into me and we kiss deeply, passionately. I unbutton your top one button at a time. Kissing...you... every... step... of... the... way... Slowly kissing you, I unlace your skirt and slip it off. I move down even slower kissing longer as I feel you getting warmer, breathing deeper. You intertwine your fingers with mine as I kiss you and feel you blush. I lean over you and kiss you again. The heat of desire burning, our passion bringing us closer and closer together, until finally, for a small while, we are as close to each other as two people could ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment