Tuesday 1 September 2009

Alisha (to the song Lola)

I met her in school back in fourth grade
Where you learn to read and spell little words like cola
C-o-l-a cola
She sat next to me and she passed me a glance
I asked her her name and in a low whispered voice she said Alisha
a-l-i Alisha a le-le-le lisha

Well Im not the worlds most ouspoken guy
But when she said "Let's be friends," I knew it'd be fine.
I'm friends with alisha ale-le-le-le lisha
I used to have to snip but sometimes I got a chance,
From Mr. Dawson who was a really cool cool man
And he'd call on alisha le-le-le-le lisha le-le-le-le lisha

Well we played on the play ground an then got homework sigh,
But she always seemed to get hers right
We always had fun playin on basketball teams
And we'd always have fun swingin' on the swings
Well Im not the worlds most acrobatic guy,
But when I jumped off the swing I almost knocked over Alisha
Ale-le-le-le lisha le-le-le-le lisha Alisha
Ale-le-le-le lisha ale-le-le-le lisha


She would always always be polite.
She would open the door
Pick up a pencil dropped on the floor
She was always quick to say please
It didn't matter if it was you or me

Well thats the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for Alisha
ale-le-le-le lisha
Boys will be boys and girls will be girls
But shes been the greatest girl in the world
And she is Alisha
ale-le-le-le lisha

Well I started college just a week before
And now here I sit rewriting this score
to lola, I smiled and played the song again
And thought I wonder how I'm gonna make this end

Well Im not the worlds most richest man
But I'm glad that I have her for a friend,
And my friend is Alisha
Ale-le-le-le lisha le-le-le-le lisha Alisha
Ale-le-le-le-le lisha le-le-le-le lisha

No comments:

Post a Comment