Wednesday 2 September 2009

Ode to a friend...

It was my birthday, we hadn't talked in over a year.
We used to be friends back in elementary and things fell apart.
We became friends again, back in high school.
Though it was never truly the same, though that day, when I heard your name...

I don't know what happened, only what I've heard.
I'm sorry that you were taken, earlier than what was expected.
I hope that you are now in a better place than before.
I pray to god that your family makes it through...

I wish you the happiest everafter and again, I'm sorry that we couldn't have been,
better friends.

Please know I do miss you in some way, like I missed my friend Michael before.
You were a brother and a son to some, and with us we were men.
Please know that you reminded me not take love for granted.
And know you've touched peoples lives and changed our worlds, I'm sorry that you weren't able to learn this before the end.

So on Saturday Many will try to say goodbye, some will pay respects and some will only cry.
But none of us will truly forget you or where we were on that day, when you my distant friend were taken away...

No comments:

Post a Comment